Selam everybody.... Merhaba from Türkey.
Love anything İ find in my local market.
Fruits or vegetables. İ just love summer!
And look what İ found today... apricot.. many apricot. We enjoy them simply fresh as it is also it's perfectly yummy as jam.
Since apricot is in peak season now... we can get them so cheap and they are so perfectly ripe, that's what İ am looking for perfect yummy apricot jam.
Different from apricot jam İ usual make, today İ will share my homemade apricot jam with Spice.
The spice gives mild aroma to the jam which is wonderful.
İ love it!
But if you want to skip the spice, you free to go. Just add lemon juice and zet in it and you'll have yummy homemade apricot jam!
Homemade Apricot Jam with Spice aroma
- 1 kg ripe apricot
- 650-800 gr sugar (depends how sweet you wanna go)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1-2 star anison
- 1 cardamom, lightly crushed (optional)
- Halved apricots and remove the pit. Place everything in heavy bottomed sauce pan and start to cook over medium high heat. Stir occasionally until it rolling boiling.
- Continue to cook to reduce the water content, stir continuously, lower the heat to prevent scorching. You may check the taste in this step, take a small amount and chill before you taste it, add more sugar as you prefer.
- Continue to cook until it thickened. Check the consistency by pouring over small plate. İf you are happy with slightly runny consistency you may finish your cooking process.
- İf you want thicker you can go on until you get your preference thickness. Note: the thickness when it is hot more runny then when it's cold, so you should notice exactly how the thickness you wanna go
- Remove cardamom and star anise before stored. Pour into sterilized jar while it's hot.
İ like my apricot jam thick and mounds, perfect for bread spread for our breakfast or cookie topping and even pie filling! YUM!
Have a try and tell me how you'd like it.